1. The Pratfall Effect – your likability will increase if you aren’t perfect.
2. The Pygmalion Effect – greater expectations drive greater performance.
3. The Paradox of Choice – the more choice we have, the less likely we are to be content with our decision.
4. The Bystander Effect – the more people who see someone in need, the less likely that person is to receive help.
5. The Spotlight Effect – your mistakes are not noticed as much as you think.
6. The Focusing Effect – people place too much important on one aspect of an event and fail to recognise other factors.